- About Us
- What is Martial Arts
- Programs and Schedules
- Birthday Parties
- Sport TKD
Sabonim Bill Yee
Sabonim Sonia Villeneuve
Sabonim Tim Eagle
Sabonim Chawki-Jason Huard Berro
Sabonim Jimena Rebolledo
Sabonim Vinh Tieu
Sabonim Katherine Yee
Mr Giovanni Crea
Ms Bianca Picanno
Mr James Saleh
Phoenix Martial Arts Academy is an internationally acclaimed School of Martial Arts and is the premier Martial Arts Academy located in Ottawa, Canada's National Capital with is part of the WORLD TAEKWONDO FEDERATION. Which sticks out from the competition in its instructors, program, and values.
• Our academy is a family-based educational institution centered on strong values and morals. Our goal is to provide a fun and safe environment and help our students develop self confidence, discipline and a strong body and mind through the practice of Martial Arts.
• Phoenix Martial Arts is the only martial arts school in the Ottawa region who makes it mandatory to take the sport specific National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) to be able to teach in a class. What does this mean?? This means all teachers are trained and evaluated by Sport Canada to teach Martial Arts ensuring that a certain standard which is set on our national governing sports body in Canada. This makes sure your teachers are teaching you and your children by using modern proven methods which aids in the development of your personal and physical skills and not being taught by independent teachers who teach you and your loved ones the way they feel that day not being governed by anyone.
• As pioneers of the modern approach to martial art development Master Koh and Vidmar are also learning facilitators of the NCCP meaning that if a Taekwondo teacher wants to be certified to teach Taekwondo it is the instructors here that endorsees them as qualified enough to teach for our National Sporting Organization.
• Our award winning children’s program will not only help them get in shape by teaching them self defense, but your children will also learn respect, discipline and develop self confidence that will help with there personal development in all aspects of life. The adult program is focused towards self defense, fun, fitness and learning this 2000 year old martial art which is the only martial arts which is also an Olympic Sport.
• Master George Koh is a world renowned Martial Arts instructor with over 25 years of experience and is also the Canadian national team coach in the Olympic sport of Taekwondo.
• Master Eve-Marie Pilon has over 20 years of experience and is an internationally recognized athlete and has her University degree in education and physiotherapy which has allowed her to be on the medical team for our national team.
• Both are the only people in history of Ottawa who have worked with the national or provincial team in Olympic Taekwondo as coach, trainer or medical staff.
• Phoenix Martial Arts Academy boasts the top Olympic style Taekwondo team in the national capital region and one of the best in the country. The only national champions in history of the Ottawa region have ALL come from Phoenix Martial Arts Academy in Olympic Taekwondo. It is for this reason we have had people who travel from all across Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec to train and be part of Phoenix Martial Arts.
At Phoenix Martial Arts Academy, our goal to provide the most complete, age specific Martial Arts training program available in the country today.
Our programs are designed specifically to meet the stages of development of every individual student. Through research of the learning and growing capabilities of people we developed programs that will maximize training by its stages. That means each student gets more out of there training than ever imagined.